* Mr. Zimmerman has won this "battle" but I am afraid he has just started on a long "war" yet to be won. Only time will tell the real outcome of this tragic event.
* One driver can't enter the interstate without traffic slowing down for them. Another can't exit because of foliage. We've become a society of non-drivers. Maybe these two drivers need to hang up their keys before they drive through the front of a building and blame it on a mechanical problem.
* If the trial of Trayvon Martin had nothing to do with race, why wasn't there a black on the jury? That shows there was some kind of conspiracy.
* Bush may have taken more vacation days, mostly to Texas, but Obama is by far the biggest spender.
* The Putnam County Animal Shelter kills too many animals.
* If I found someone following me, how would I know if they were going to rob me or beat me up? All neighborhood watch people should wear a vest or something to identify who they are. If you have nothing to hide just stop and say "hey."
* Aug. 9 is way too early to start school. What will happen when the air conditioners break down and our children are sitting in an 85-90 degree room? The heat hurts education.