* Smoking is not cool unless it is salmon.
* It is totally absurd to start school so early. The school board has lost their minds. What is wrong with a schedule that runs Labor Day to Memorial Day? Cut out the teacher-out days and give a week off at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. My kids are out of school nearly as much as they are in.
* When we refer to children, there are babies, children, preteen and teenagers. I keep hearing that a 17 year old is a child. I was married at 17 and had a child at 19; I was an adult at 17. Why do other people consider a person at age 17 a child? Get real.
* If television would not feature the civil disobedience as the result of the Zimmerman verdict, I doubt the violence would have spread. The cameras need to be in the hands of more responsible people and wise managers need to be in charge of the topics aired.
* Brine from fracking put in wells polluting drinking water comes when the state is strapped for money. State leaders vote OK to allow it in the name of jobs. They should leave office and be convicted of poisoning. We pay cost of all cleanup while oil barons go free. Sissonville and Fayetteville areas will suffer.
* Venters should not be worried about President Obama, who is making our country economically sound. Be mad at CEOs and Republicans who want you to be paid below livable wages and stuff their pockets with fruits of your hard labor.
* The average voter will vote for a person because they recognize the name, not because they know his record. Joe Manchin won his first couple elections because people thought they were voting for A. James Manchin. By the time they realized the difference it was too late.
* I would love to have those big beautiful elk running around the state of West Virginia. Bring them on.