* Eric Holder has no business commenting on the Zimmerman verdict. This is highly unethical.
* All of you sheeple need to understand that the government says they need to secure Charleston's National Guard base. Secure it from who or what? The Chinese aren't going to invade West Virginia and take over our little base. They want to secure it from the citizens in case of an uprising. That is what domestic spying is all about. They will use the bases against us then.
* Mayor Casebolt still hasn't kept his campaign promise to provide us with garbage bags. Come on and get with it.
* I just received my property-tax statement and 64 percent is going to the school board. Now they want to add another 50 percent in a new levy. Taxpayers need to vote "No" in November. I support the library, but the school board is just too wasteful. They need to control their expenses instead of gouging taxpayers.
* If Obama is so concerned with the environment, why doesn't he shut down the chemical plants across the country? They're more toxic than burning coal. We live in "Chemical Valley." That's what pollutes our air, not coal.
* Regarding President Obama's recent comments about how whites feel when approached by blacks: Why isn't that a form of profiling? Just like racism. Why does profiling just go one way?
* I'm sorry, but anyone that follows someone carrying a gun and is confronted by that individual does not have the right to kill him for any reason - a clear case of second-degree murder.
* Without a strong central government, we would be 50 little countries, with different laws, different border controls (everyone would probably have to have papers to travel from state to state), we would have no strong defense, less freedoms, etc. In other words, a country of banana republics. A strong federal government is what makes us a strong nation.
* Taxes are a small price to pay for a civilized society where we are able to live with freedom, safety and relative comfort.
* Obama says we must search our souls on race. I would certainly like to know who the "we" are that he is spouting off about. Is it Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakhan or himself?
* Peggy Huffman's article in the Sunday Gazette-Mail was very informative and well thought out until the very last paragraph. Is she really gullible enough to believe the laughingly named "Friends of Coal" has ever really helped, or will help, any coal miner - especially a union miner?
* Good news. Affordable Care Act is in fruition sending checks out. The GOP again is wrong, misleading protecting insurance companies against loss of huge profits keeping them in power, sending you to the morgue. Insurance companies now will treat and health should improve unless the GOP does away with it. They've tried 38 times now. Who is on your side?
* I see our gun-toting West Virginia has not stood up against "Stand Your Ground" as we see silence with the outrageous shooting of a 17-year-old in Florida. Not one marched in West Virginia. We have had our own tragedy in Huntington - drunks with guns. When it hits your family or kid who will stand up for you?
* Liberal hypocrisy. They feel a woman should have the right do anything she wants with her body, but a business owner shouldn't have the right to decide how to run his or her business.