* Pete Thaw is the only one with good sense on the school board. Always remember that.
* President Obama's remarks regarding Trayvon Martin on July 19 were totally out of line. He is speaking against the rule of law. It was decided legally in a court and with a jury and should be upheld.
* I just read where Joe Manchin is going to be the guest of honor at $1,000-a-plate fundraiser hosted by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Bloomberg has already spent $12 million to get gun haters into office.
* Is this the case that will set off Charles Manson's "Helter-skelter" scenario where blacks and whites fight a war against each other? I hope not. Turn off your hate and criticism and lack of trust and turn your eyes upon Jesus.
* The Rev. Archie Snedeger is a caring, loving, good and dedicated Christian serving God. To the sanctimonious person looking to criticize him, shame on you.
* After watching the show "Honey Boo-Boo" I have to say it really isn't all that bad. At least they aren't hooked on meth and they actually do have a couple of values.
* I lock my car door whenever any man I don't know walks by, white or black.
* The PSC should tell the electric company they can buy the John Amos Plant and the Mitchell facility, but they can in no way pass the cost on to us.
* We cannot afford to bail out Detroit, so forget it Obama.
* I live in the Davis Creek area. I put my dog out on a leash and walked back into the house. Within one minute a coyote had killed it. Don't turn your back. Keep your animals inside or watch them carefully.
* It is too easy to obtain a license to become a psychologist or psychiatrist. These people are dealing with fragile minds and can cause irreparable damage.
* Our neighbor caught you on video as your big white dog did its doo-doo in our yard and we are tired of it.
* Some landlords in Charleston between Hunt Avenue and Stockton Street have disgusting-looking property. It ruins the value of other property and Danny Jones and city council should do something about it.
* I agree that school shouldn't start so early. The teachers should have their meeting days during the summer. What about tourism? What about the state fair? What about all activities all over the state?