* In the eight years of his presidency, George W. Bush was on vacation 1,020 days, 32 percent of his time, or almost three years out of eight. As of January 2013, President Obama had been on vacation a total of 83 days. One does have to give Bush a high grade for efficiency, though. The amount of damage he did to this country while on the job only 68 percent of the time is amazing.
* I heard a young liberal say he didn't want his money being spent providing birth control and abortions, but he had no problem with the government paying for it. Do these young college educated geniuses have a clue where the government gets its money?
* The person who commented that liberals want a woman to have absolute freedom with her body, but don't want a businessman to have freedom to run his business, hit on a fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals. Liberals believe in absolute personal freedom and controls on financial dealings, while conservatives believe in controls on personal liberties and absolute financial freedom.
* I can't believe the amount of drug dealers and killings in Huntington. It makes me worry for the Marshall students. It sure wasn't like that when I was at Marshall. Of course that was long ago, but still, things should be safe.
* Apparently the ones posting about the cost to attend the Boy Scout Jamboree haven't raised any kids. If they did they would know any kind of camp, i.e. sports, Scouts, science, etc., costs money to attend.
* Want to complain about your property taxes? Remember, every time churches, schools, and "non-profits" buy a piece of land it comes off the tax rolls, and guess who makes up the difference.
* Forbes' list of the top 100 colleges in the United States lists several in Pennsylvania. Why can we not learn a little from our neighbor and get one or two of our schools on the list? Perhaps Heather Bresch can offer some advice since she lives in Pennsylvania.
* The Zimmerman case begs the question: How do we keep guns out of the hands of fools? Is it possible to keep fools from having guns? Or would that be disarming half of America?
* In 2014 people must wake up and get rid of these career politicians like Reed, Pelosi, and Feinstein as well as the corrupt ones like Murray, Landreau and the list goes on. Elect Republicans.
* Cable news organizations need to realize that Jerusalem is not to be split or be part of Middle East negotiations. If anyone tries to do that they will suffer the wrath of God.
* Hillary Clinton is so inter-twined with Obama's policies that when she wins the presidential election in 2016 we conservatives can kiss the USA goodbye.
* Drugs do not solve your problems. That goes for pain medications and anti-depressants. You can take the drugs but the problems just get worse. You have to solve your own problems. I've gone through a lot and it has been tough.
* Repeal Obama Care because it is doomed to destroy America.
* I just had to have another stray cat in my neighborhood picked up by the humane society because it was injured. If you have a dog or cat take some of your beer money or your dope money and have your pet neutered or spayed.