* Not all grandmothers can afford to keep their grandchildren for free. Their children have stripped them of all their money for drugs and alcohol. All grandmothers don't live in a life as sweet as yours.
* Why are the people on Derrick's Creek who are busted for meth and marijuana never listed in the paper?
* I voted for John Raese in the past, but now that I see how he is acting about the WVU broadcasting rights, I'm glad he didn't win.
* To the person who wants to cut all the trees in Kanawha City: You should spend the day in the searing hot sun in a hay or corn field and you will change your mind. A shade tree looks awfully good. I know, I've been there.
* Frontier, please stop publishing the phone books through Super Media. Those books look pitiful.
* Are there any business plans for the old Kanawha City Shoney's building?
* There have only been two days of school and already substitute teachers have been called out in Kanawha County. That is where our money is going.
* Arch Moore gave the teachers the biggest raise of anybody in the state's history. People at Carbide quit Carbide to get teaching certificates and teach because of that.
* You don't know who has a gun anymore. More and more women are armed. They think they have to be for self-protection and I believe the drug culture is responsible for this. We are headed in the same direction as Mexico and South America.
* Doctor's offices need to get better help. I waited two hours in a waiting room because someone forgot to pull my chart.