* Concerning bailing out Detroit, it is time for people, government and companies to start standing on their own two feet. Stop expecting other people to pay for your own irresponsibility.
* Why doesn't the Sheetz chain build in Kanawha County? There is a huge piece of flat land at the Haines Branch Road exit of Interstate 77 North.
* Get rid of the syndicated columnist Robert Samuelson. He is old enough to be my grandfather and every single column is against people getting Medicare when they have worked their entire lives.
* There are help wanted signs in almost every single business in Kanawha County. They are desperate for workers. Get them off their butts and off welfare and make them go to work.
* You people think you've got problems. I've got a neighbor who has a coffin in his living room and he's not an undertaker. Give me an answer for that one.
* I'm sure the left-wing media would exhibit great enthusiasm at the prospect of George Bush being run down by a bull.
* It looks like a local bank is trying to get rid of its older workers and just have the younger generation. The younger workers don't have patience or understand us older customers. They are shuffling the employees and getting their people in position just like the "Obama shuffle."
* If you haven't heard, the monarch butterfly is now considered to be an endangered species. If you see milkweed, please do whatever you can to preserve it. Can you imagine a world without butterflies? I don't want to.
* After reading Saturday's sports page it appears GW had a better recruiting year than WVU.