* The Charleston Light Opera Guild's performance of "Chicago" was outstanding. It was well worth seeing. Good job everyone.
* Don't just treat a patient's symptoms. Help them by getting to the diagnosis and cure.
* I love the Ventline, but I wish people would get their facts straight before calling in. The Kanawha County Board of Education did not vote to start school early this year. Four members voted to do it and Pete Thaw voted against it. Keep Pete Thaw and get rid of the others.
* A talking cardinal. Wait 'till the late-night comedians get hold of this.
* Where was Jeff Hutchinson when Coonskin Park was being trashed by Russell Trucking? Why is he being allowed to continue in his position?
* I strongly condemn abandoning any railroad track until the needs of the gas and its related industries are known. It's not Rails to Trails, but Rails to Jobs, and votes to leaders that can create them — regardless of their political party.
* I won't sit here and say Arch Moore was an honest governor. At least our roads were paved and not patched. The question should be: What did he do that other West Virginia politicians haven't done? They're all crooked.
* The Democrat complaining about Bush being addressed as Mr. President needs to pull their head out of the sand. They might be surprised to find out all former presidents, Democrat and Republican, are called Mr. President.
* No wonder there were 'Impeach Obama' signs at the Montrose overpass on Interstate 64; 200 other overpasses did the same on other busy highways Aug. 6.