* Instead of outlawing riding in the back of a pickup truck perhaps the Legislature should ban youth under the age of 18 from being out at 4:30 a.m. without their parents.
* It's no wonder "my way or the highway" mega-rich businessman John Raese can't win a statewide election. He can't even carry his home county.
* I wish someone would explain why a man, who is capable of working, refuses to get a job and receives child support from his wife, welfare benefits and food stamps.
* I was livid after reading the article from the soldier who was among those who were victims of the shooting at Fort Hood. The Army claimed it was "non-combat" and many have been refused benefits. Yet that Muslim continues to receive his salary.
* It's reassuring to watch the Obama administration taking action to protect American lives during the current terrorist alerts, versus George W. Bush going to Texas to cut brush when told terrorists were apt to strike us by flying planes into the World Trade Centers in August 2001.
* In a recent column, Hoppy Kercheval inadvertently and perfectly described religion when he wrote, "I suspect most of the people working on ways to live forever are wasting a lot of the remaining time they have."
* I want to thank Shelley Moore Capito for meeting with the coal miners at Walker Machinery today. She's a very nice lady and will be a great senator for our state.
* Cooking meth, plus children in the home, equals 20 years minimum.