* Again today, no newspaper. Is this another symptom of the breakdown of society? Do people who don't do the job they are hired for still get paid?
* The statement in the Aug. 16 Vent Line about President Bush cutting brush is the pinnacle of ignorance and that is all that can be said for that statement.
* I wonder if Shelley Capito would introduce a bill to ask the members of Congress to refuse their salary if they have more than $5 million in the bank?
* In response to all of the people who bash President Obama for going on vacations: He isn't like Speaker John Boehner who has only worked 87 days this year and took five weeks of vacation. He is golfing with Donald Trump and hasn't even voted on a jobs bill this year. Get off the golf course and back to work.
* Big stores have handicapped parking. They need to have fat parking and it should be located at least 100 feet from the door of the store. This would be a great weight loss program, plus a great health benefit.
* I think it is about time the people of Mingo County clean up their politicians. If it isn't one thing it is something else.
* I feel some of the big CEO's should take a pay cut to give some of the people who work underneath some leverage. If they don't want a pay cut then they should live in the underlings home for a year and live on the lower salary and see how they think they should get by with it.
* Judge Chip Watkins should be sent to Mingo County to be a judge there. That would be a good position for him.
* We had a good Teen Trivia Night. What a great atmosphere.
* With all of the innocent people being killed overseas and with oil prices going up we should start using our own oil instead of foreign oil and we should impeach Obama.
* I read an article about MVB breaking ground on a new bank. It is in Charleston and there is a nice diagram of what it will look like, but I have no idea what MVB stands for. Please let us know.
* EDITOR's NOTE: MVB is merely the name of the bank; the individual letters don't stand for anything.
* William Watkins, former judge from Putnam County, needs a job. Maybe he can get a job in Mingo County because he would fit right in.
* I'll start my diet when Obama starts to act like a president. I see lots of good eating ahead.