* Now we have another piece of "art" at the Clay Center. The rust bucket was bad enough. Now we have more influential and wealthy politicians to make us suffer more.
* Dana Holgorsen wears black so the quarterback can look over to the sideline and be able to spot Holgorsen, who is signaling the quarterback the next play to run. This way, when everybody is wearing blue and gold, Holgorsen stands out easily.
* Evan Jenkins would change his religion to Druid if he thought it would get him a few votes. Prediction: Rahall will beat him like a borrowed mule.
* The deficit for this year is currently $600 billion and projected to wind up at $670 billion at the end of the fiscal year. That's about 30 percent less than last year. And, as a percentage of our GDP, the deficit is less than half of what it was in 2009 when President Obama took office. It appears that President Obama's policies are working in spite of the obstructionist Republicans.
* How many people at the statehouse earn more than a $250,000 a year, yet we have 9,000 kids who are living in poverty while their parents work for the state.
* As a GW alumni and former football player, I can tell you that Coach Edwards has never, nor will ever, recruit players. It's not his fault that GW is one of the best academic schools and has a unique schedule that every student loves. Not to mention that he is a great coach and is very fun to be around.
* Poor venters living payday to payday do not worry about President Obama's vacation. He works to make our country strong. Worry and be mad, your CEO pays below livable wages, stuffs his pockets with fruits of your hard labor, while your family goes hungry. Get your priorities straight.
* It is awful the way the school board is trying to rig the upcoming levy. By holding the election on a Saturday in November when WVU is playing, they hope for a low turnout so their cronies can pass it. Be aware taxpayers and vote "No." Instead of being so wasteful, the school board needs to learn to live within its means.
* Rep. Capito is presenting a bill to Congress that would have congressmen pay for Obamacare just like all Americans. She still wants to have their aides exempted. They should not be exempted. If the individual congressmen and senators want to pay for their aides' insurance, let them do it, not the taxpayers.
* I agree with the vent that there are help wanted signs in many businesses in the Kanawha Valley when there are so many collecting benefits. With the apparent non-interest in applying for jobs and with the amount of debris along the highways and in streams as a result of repeated storm damage, why not require welfare recipients and prisoners to work to earn their pay, just like the rest of us?
* Logan County has a long history of crooked politics. Today, people who put a career Logan County politician into the Governor's Mansion are criticizing Arch Moore's honesty. Now that's funny.
* On top of higher cost for services and goods, a higher minimum wage would also mean fewer people hired. Those still lucky enough to keep their jobs would be working harder for longer hours while the customer receives worse service.
* They should rename Delbarton, W.Va., to Peyton Place.