* Apparently, there are people in West Virginia who believe the Constitution regulates sexual behavior. Granting homosexuals the right to marry in no way violates any provision of the Constitution. Educate yourself before you open your pie hole.
* This is a precarious time for our nation. President Obama has turned into a dictator. He ignores separation of powers. He has taken over and rules by decree. To keep the support of the masses, Obama has given your benefits away to illegal aliens and the poor. Aren't you concerned with the state of our southern border? Do you know or even care about Fast and Furious?
* Cabell County Schools need to take a closer look at their flashing lights located by Culloden Elementary School. Driving west on U.S. 60, the driver's view of warning lights and signs is blocked by tree limbs. Anybody receiving tickets there the last few days should fight it in court.
* Without Fox News, the American people wouldn't have any news about the corruption going on in Obama's administration. All his "phony scandals" would be covered up and never mentioned on NBC, CBS, ABC and, of course, MSNBC, just like the president would like. Get your head out of the sand.
* All the Democrats in this state can do is harp about Morrisey. Is it because he's a Republican? Why did Jay Rockefeller come to West Virginia? He changed parties to be in good standing with the rest of Democrats. If you can remember, he came here from New York as a Republican.
* I understand the need for police officers to stop for meals, but when 10 to 11 cruisers are parked at one restaurant at the same time for breakfast at a Southridge restaurant, how many are on the street?
* In Sunday's Gazette-Mail, an article on "reproductive health" used the phrase "abortion care" numerous times. This is a hideous oxymoron; abortion is not "care"— it is destruction. Pro-life people are not "anti-choice" or "warring" on women; we just deplore the slaughter of unborn children.
* The man on television just said it would cost $180 million to finish the last 14 miles of U.S. 35. Just think what we could save if we didn't have to pay the idiotic prevailing wage the unions insist upon.
* The recipients of food stamps are not the people Republicans and Fox News would lead you to believe. Seventy-six percent are children, seniors or disabled people. Thirty-five percent are white, 23 percent are black and 15 percent are Hispanic.
* It takes more than just saying God bless America and everybody will think he will bless us. II Chronicles 7:14 says, "If my people which are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn, then will I hear from heaven and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."