* Good news concerning the possibility of a government shutdown. The EPA will be out of business, will have to lay everybody off, and won't be able to function anymore. Let's do it.
* I would like to see all big trucks stop transporting things for just one week. Maybe citizens would stop cutting them off on the highway and give them better consideration. You wouldn't have a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk in the store without them.
* A vote for Natalie Tennant is a vote for Obama, Pelosi and Reid. The last thing we need is another liberal Democrat in the U.S. Senate.
* After several visits to the new Littlepage Terrace complex to see my friend, I find the place to be so disgusting. Old men walk around carrying booze under their arms and cussing.
* Thank you Tim McClung for your letter to the editor on Sept. 23.
* It was a good article on the Kanawha Mall. Now let's bring a Fat Patty's up there beside Applebee's.
* On the TV news, I saw the ambulance and car accident. I'd like to know who had the right of way, and which one had the red, green or yellow light. I'm a volunteer fireman and even during an emergency if I have a red light I have to come to a rolling stop through an intersection. That ambulance didn't even slow down one bit.
* I think you'd have to write a book to list all of Obama's crimes for impeachment. You shut up. You'd have to be a moron or an "Obamacrat" in order to ignore what he's done. You are smoking too much Obama pot and can't see the forest for the trees.