* The right values are to work hard for what you get. Nothing will be given to you. You are going to get what you earn and what you deserve. That is what we tried to teach our children.
* Tea party people are not just nuts. They are dangerous nuts. They need to be put away someplace until they cool themselves off.
* Let me see if I have this correct. The mayor of Pratt was caught driving an unauthorized-use police car at night with Class II drugs and now he refuses to resign. The council should impeach. Our credibility is terrible and he has to go.
* To all those badmouthing WVU, Coach Holgorsen, and thanking Maryland, please pack your things and move to Ohio. We don't want you. Go Mountaineers.
* I predict "Obamacare" will become as well liked as Social Security and I find the name really humorous. The Republicans gave the Affordable Care Act that name in derision and it will forever be known as that, making Obama more famous over the coming years as the name Bush fades into insignificance.
* Iran is still trying to gain superiority over the world with nuclear weapons. They are just trying to sweet talk their way out of the imposed sanctions and in to the good graces of the free world. Do not be taken in by Iran's new approach.
* The Republicans complain about too much spending yet they are willing to shut the federal government down to get their way, which will cost the country at least $1.4 billion. Go figure.
* Sen. Manchin just proved he is in the hip pockets of Harry Reid and President Obama with his vote in support of funding for Obamacare. He thinks we will forget by his next election. I won't.