* Look at the disgraceful state we are in. They have destroyed our state. When what goes on in Mingo County goes on, it is sad.
* I know not to vote for Bill Raglin, Becky Jordon, Robin Rector and Jim Crawford the next time.
* Thank you, Daily Mail, for an excellent article on heeding the warning signs of mental illness. To the bleeding heart liberals and the useful idiots of the intelligencia, this should be a message for you to wake up and keep these mass killings from happening. A mentally ill person will find a way to kill besides using a gun; they might use a bomb.
* Joe Manchin has voted with Harry Reid in every step of the way with this Obamacare. Don't forget to vote him out next time.
* I'll bet the Republicans who are against Obamacare are the main reason why the sign-up website for Obamacare got too busy to handle more business on Oct. 1. They are good at what they do.
* If you don't believe that coal is dead, have somebody read the paper to you or explain how books work.
* It is time to put the two-term limit on all elective offices in West Virginia on the ballot for the people to vote on.
* Every time the assessor pays me a visit my taxes go up 30 percent. Are they stupid enough to think I'm going to vote for the levy?
* Thank goodness for Pete Thaw. Vote against the levy. The last levy we voted in favor of goes into effect next July. It isn't right to fool us into paying more taxes in this economy. And thanks to the Daily Mail for telling the truth in their editorials.
* Yes, we so-called "right-wingers" do love our guns. We love the Second Amendment right to bear arms and protect ourselves. We are happy to have guns.
* To the dog-hater on Frame Street: The barking is music to my ears. It means there are animal lovers in our neighborhood and animal lovers are good people.
* When are they going to clean up Nitro? It is a mess. All you see around Nitro is the mayor's picture in a real estate office. I'm tired and sick of Nitro and right now life is a joke. The mayor needs to spend more time working in the office we elected him to.
* I'm calling to ask if the Kanawha County Board of Education would come down to look at the tennis courts at Hayes, McKinley and St. Albans High School and try to repair them by March 1. We have three competitive school teams and only two tennis courts between them.
* Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton has it right when he says President Obama is naive when it comes to dealing with Iran.