* "As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy."— Abraham Lincoln, 16th U.S. president (1809-1865)
* What does a South Hills councilperson know about the needs and concerns of a person in North Charleston? It looks to me like the Kanawha River should be a natural dividing line.
* Now that we have had numerous shootings in our schools, government facilities, airports, malls and on our streets every day, the NRA has armed us all with handguns and assault weapons. What's next, another civil war?
* OK, so someone complained about the horrible lack of care being given to a friend in the hospital, and they called security on him and he is in jail. So what the heck? Why didn't they give the friend good care in the first place?
* Why would anyone want Hillary Clinton as president? People should be absolutely sick of the Clintons and the Bushes by now. That is what is wrong with this country. You always want to go backward instead of forward. Get these people out of our face.
* If you believe the president, Congress, congressional staff and cabinet members and their staff should live by the same laws you do, go to www.livebyyourlaws.com and sign a petition to that effect.
* It is horrible being a coach these days to some of these spoiled kids. The parents give coaches a hard time and lie on them.
n Why do older people not get the police on their scanners anymore? I'm disabled, and that is the only entertainment I can get. I'm not a crook. Thank you.
* There are already crosses put there by loved ones of victims, and that is cause enough to do something, but nothing has been done by the state.