* There's a new book called "Armed To." It urges Americans to focus on the need to return to a nation of shared interest and defends the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence. Don't allow Obama to replace these documents with rules of his own; not now, not ever. We cannot allow that.
* In an effort to assist the hopelessly partisan I tend the following: When Reagan, Bush, and Bush were president the budget was all their fault. Now that Obama is president the fault belongs solely to Congress. If you are going to blame one, blame them all. This budget is Obama's baby and he is going to have to live with it
* Who did the man called "The Refrigerator" play pro football for? What was his name and for what team did he play?
* EDITOR'S NOTE: That was William "The Refrigerator" Perry, who played for the Chicago Bears from 1985-1993 and for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1993-1994.
* I really do believe a lot of people are biased against President Obama regardless of what is being said. He has been president for five years and the economy has not improved very much at all. The debt America has amassed is not the people's fault, so why should we have to pay with our own tax money for his overspending?
* Prince Charles of England is old enough to draw his state pension. He will retire before even becoming king, poor boy.
* Well on Jan. 1, 2014, $1 trillion in new taxes goes into effect. According to experts most of it will come from the middle class. For those of you who voted for Obama and Obamacare and the Democratic Party as a whole, the middle class is tired of supporting your butts.
* The city of Hurricane needs to face its interstate traffic problem and stop playing around with clowns and face painting and picnics.
* Take time to be thankful for all that you have. You can always have more, but you could also have less.
* Looks to me like Cecil Roberts can't get his Obama buddies and the EPA buddies in D.C. to come to Charleston and talk about coal. Maybe he needs a new political party.
* I used to be a people person, but people ruined that for me.
* When conservatives have a comment to make, they usually say they are speaking for all West Virginians. Newsflash, bozos, you don't. Don't ever assume you speak for me.
* Perhaps we should have made Texas a package deal —- Clements, Holgorsen and Luck.