* Well, in all fairness, Coach Holgorsen deserves another year. He did not have a decent quarterback this year and that is what his entire offense is built upon. He gets one more year.
* The St. Albans public works department needs to give an award to an elderly lady who goes around sweeping up leaves on her own time. She takes her car, her trash can and enjoys getting out and doing things the city used to do. She is performing a great service.
* I was stunned to see an article about the symphony and it didn't have a picture of Grant Cooper on it. It briefly mentioned him and quoted someone else quoting him. Are you trying to run him off?
* I just have one question about the Warren Commission's investigation of JFK's assassination. Did they determine how Mr. Oswald financed his many trips to foreign countries like Russia and Mexico? Apparently he didn't have much in the way of money, but did a lot of travel after leaving the Marines.
* Our complaints about Obama weren't fantasies and yes, it is now being proven as fact many news outlets ignored negative stories about him.
* To the idiots that think their state should secede because of taxes, do you have any idea of how high your taxes would be then? You'd have to pay for a military, a government, a police force, medical care, etc. I could go on, but you get the picture. You would be begging to get back in the good old U.S.A.
* I remember before there was alcohol in gasoline. In the winter cars would get gas-line-freeze and stop running, and in summer they'd get vapor lock and stop running. If alcohol is removed from gasoline these long forgotten maladies will return.
* Did you really recommend voting against the county levy because you think the State board of education spends too much? Wow. Do democracy a favor and keep your uninformed self at home next election.
* If the state needs more money for state parks then charge the people from out of state more. The people of West Virginia are already paying for the parks. Why should we pay more for them to use them? Everyone says out-of-state people are paying for the W.Va. Turnpike and don't have a problem with it, so why not the state parks.
* It's sad that TV is shamelessly promoting documentaries on "The Killing of JFK." Would today's generation not be better served by learning how Jack Kennedy saved the world from nuclear annihilation during the Cuban Missile Crisis? We were close to killing everyone on our planet, but his level-headed leadership kept us from it.
* If Native Americans need eagle feathers all they need to do is go to a wind farm and they will have all they will ever need.