* Thank you, Daily Mail, for a great newspaper and please keep Doonesbury in the Sunday paper.
* Shame on the cab driver who charged an elderly man $17 for a trip from the West Side to CAMC. The driver claimed he got lost.
* It is difficult for me to understand how Mr. Boehner could get elected to office. Obviously, he is famously good at storytelling.
* I have something in my possession that Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly and Michael Savage will never have. It is an honorable discharge from the U.S. Army.
* What is hate and why do people hate?
* Isn't it amazing the people who complain when President Obama takes a day off never complained when George W. Bush took 879 vacation days during his two terms — the most in history. You have to give him high marks though on the amount of damage he was able to do to this country while only working 70 percent of the time.
* Are there any conservative women on the national scene who are not completely nuts? When I see women like Sarah Palin, Ann Coulter, Michelle Bachmann and others of their ilk, I cringe, thinking surely they are not all that dumb.
* I love the TV commercials with Joey Holland and the children sitting around the table. They all look so happy and appear to be having lots of fun. Their facial expressions always make me smile. Thank you, Joey, for making my days a little brighter with these commercials.
* While it is true Democrats once pushed for safety and health laws for miners, they have also recently abandoned them by siding with President Obama in declaring coal is to be shunned. With that philosophy and demands to shut down every coal-fired power plant, of course demand for coal will drop.
* Some people are so much alike you could put them in a potato sack and pour them out and not know which one is which. This is the situation in Mingo County. All that is being accomplished there is that one faction of corrupt Democrats is being replaced by another. Nothing will change.
* The woman who said she knew the tea party was not racist because she was a member and had bi-racial grandchildren, presumes to speak for the entire organization. She is one person. Just because she is not a racist doesn't mean the tea party is not.
* The overuse of the word "heroes" has rendered it meaningless.