* It has long been my belief that the sight of a good-looking woman lowers a man's IQ by at least 20 points. A man who doesn't happen to have 20 points he can spare can be in big trouble.
* When Attorney General Eric Holder argued that a "path to citizenship" for illegal immigrants was a "civil right" and a "human right," he epitomized the contempt for the public's intelligence that has characterized so much of what has been said and done by the Obama administration.
* You know you are old when waitresses call you "dear."
* Although many people have been surprised and disappointed by Barack Obama, it is hard to think of a president whose policies were more predictable from his history, however radically different those policies are from his rhetoric.
* When any two groups have different behavior or performance, that plain fact can be turned upside down and twisted to say that whatever criterion revealed those differences has had a "disparate impact" on one of the groups.
In other words, the criterion is blamed for an injustice to those who failed to meet the standard.
* Have you heard any gun control advocate even try to produce hard evidence that tighter gun control laws reduce murder rates?
Does anyone seriously believe that people who are prepared to defy the laws against murder are going to obey laws against owning guns or large capacity magazines?
* I may be among the few people who want Attorney General Eric Holder to keep his job - at least until the 2014 elections.
Holder epitomizes what is wrong with the Obama administration. He is essentially Barack Obama without the charm, so it should be easier for the voters to see through his lies and corruption.
* Despite political differences, it is hard not to feel sorry for White House press secretary Jay Carney, for all the absurdities his job requires him to say with a straight face.
What is he going to do when this administration is over? Wear a disguise, change his name or be put into a witness protection program?
Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University in California. His website is www.tsowell.com.