3/4 cup vegetable broth, plus additional if necessary
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make a small slit in bag of Blue Diamond Nut Thins and press to remove some air. Squeeze bag with your hands to crush crackers into small pieces, then set aside.
2. Melt butter in a medium skillet. Add apple and onion and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add celery and cook for 5 minutes more.
3. Stir in cranberries, broth, maple syrup and rosemary, then cook and stir for 5 minutes more or until broth has been absorbed and crackers are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Sweet and salty chocolate almond cups
1 (10-11.5-oz.) bag milk, semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1 cup dark chocolate or brown sugar-cinnamon almonds, coarsely chopped
24 Blue Diamond Almond Nut-Thins, coarsely broken
1. Line 18 mini-muffin cups with paper liners and set aside. Place chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is mostly melted.
2. Stir until completely melted, then stir in remaining ingredients and spoon equal amounts into prepared muffin cups. Let harden before serving.
3. Variations: For Mexican Mocha, add 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to mixture. For Double Almond, add 1/2 cup crumbled almond paste to mixture. For Fruit and Chocolate, add 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries to mixture. For Crunchy Granola, add 1/2 cup granola to mixture.
2 cloves garlic
1 cup pitted mixed olives, well drained
1/3 cup roasted salted almonds
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
2 Tbsp. torn fresh basil leaves
1 Tbsp. capers
Blue Diamond Almond Nut-Thins
1. With blender or food processor running, drop in garlic cloves to finely chop. Add remaining ingredients except Nut-Thins and pulse on and off until all ingredients are finely chopped.
2. May be served right away but is best if allowed to chill for at least 1 hour for flavors to blend. Serve with Almond Nut-Thins.
Smokehouse almond hummus
1 (15-oz.) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup smoked almonds, plus extra for topping
1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt (preferably Greek)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup tahini
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 cloves garlic
1. Puree all ingredients in a food processor until very smooth, adding more yogurt if too thick.
2. Serve with Blue Diamond Smokehouse Nut-Thins or Sea Salt Baked Nut-Chips.