Everything in moderation.
So when you're ready to moderate, here are a few fine bacon-blessed treats you might want to try these:
* Wrap a slice of bacon around your favorite items when grilling. Chicken or a nice filet, of course, but also around asparagus, scallops, even some grilled fruits.
* Bling up a traditional BLT with creole mayo, sliced avocado or spicy pickles.
* For an incredible appetizer, wrap bacon around a feta stuffed fig or a chunk of apricot rolled in brown sugar. Bake until the bacon is cooked through.
* Three words: bacon cinnamon rolls. Unroll cinnamon buns from a refrigerated canned dough and roll them back up with a cooked slice of crisp bacon inside. Bake per package directions.
* Two more words: bacon candy! Spread sliced bacon across a slotted baking pan and sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and a touch of maple syrup, then bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Best bacon ever.
Bacon also played a supporting role in a great appetizer idea a neighbor recently shared. Actually, she didn't just give me a recipe but also brought over all the ingredients I needed to make it.
What a gal!
Her Cheesy Stuffed Peppers featured an assortment of red, orange and yellow peppers filled with a mixture of cream cheese, sauteed onions, garlic and bacon, then baked until warm and gooey inside.
The results were so good, I'm sharing Naomi's recipe this week. But like me, she didn't really measure anything so just adjust all amounts to taste.
Contact writer Steven Keith at dailymailfood...@aol.com or 304-348-1721. You can also follow him on Facebook and Pinterest as "DailyMail FoodGuy," on Twitter as "DMFoodGuy" or read his blog at http://blogs.dailymail.com/foodguy.