Neediest Cases Make a Donation
The story of a 19-year-old woman who has taken on the care of four younger siblings touched the heart of an area family that made a generous donation to the Neediest Cases Appeal to help the woman set up a proper household for them. One of the parents is incarcerated and the other died this past summer.
They were going to be placed in two separate foster homes when the sister stepped up to ask that they all be placed with her.
"It is a wonderful thing she is doing and we hope this will help her," the family wrote.
Another family was touched by the story of a young single father who still is grieving his wife's death. His teeth have been so neglected, he needs dentures - at 28 years old.
"This young man has experienced more tragedy in his short life span than most of us will ever see," the family wrote in a note with its donation.
So far, donations to the appeal have raised $16,128.08, all of which will go to the needs of hundreds of cases submitted by caseworkers this year.Recent contributors include:
In loving memory of: Blanche Ethel Kelley, Elizabeth Ellen Meek and John Harris Lucas $3,000.00
John F. & Ruth McGee Advised Fund $2,000.00
Rebecca A. Lippett $2,000.00
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP PAC Match Program $1,183.08
No name please $1,000.00
The Devlin Family $1,000.00
In memory of Harold and Janie Price $500.00
John & Kathleen Burke $500.00
In honor of the Beck family $300.00
In memory of: Tote, AA and OO $250.00
John Fleck $170.00
Keith Larson $165.00
Don & Lou Ann Surber $150.00
In memory of Aubrey E. Orcutt $150.00
A Friend in Ravenswood $100.00
Christopher Columbus Lodge 1199 $100.00
Make a Donation
1001 Virginia Street East
Charleston, WV 25301
More Neediest Cases
- More than $15,000 raised for needy
- Case No. 7: Man paralyzed in vehicle crash needs money for electric stove
- Case No. 6: Grandparents raising six need parts to get vehicle repaired
- Case No. 5: Bed bug infestation leaves man in need of a new mattress
- Case No. 4: Elderly woman needs to replace broken dentures
- Case 3: Recovering mom needs winter clothes for children
- Case 2: Young mother working toward her degree needs hearing aid
- Neediest Cases request your aid
- Case No. 1: Single mother battling cancer in need of support