"They knew who it was but didn't want to talk," Warner said. "They were afraid. Some of them didn't report that they were ever robbed."
Warner said several residents bought guns to protect themselves.
"This is the community I was born in," he said. "It's gotten so bad you can't go to the door to ask for sugar because you're scared you'll get shot."
Lloyd agreed to plead guilty in October to burglary and was set to be sentenced Nov. 26 but withdrew his plea.
Sharp said Lloyd had been arrested again since his February arrest for domestic battery and malicious wounding but the charge had been dropped.
"I'm looking forward to going to trial," Sharp said. "We've got a good solid case. We've done a lot of work, put a lot of man-hours and city money into getting this guy off the street."
Gardner and Warner complained about a lack of communication between police, prosecutors and the court.
Kanawha County Prosecutor Mark Plants said his office has made Webster aware of "absolutely everything" it has in Lloyd's case. One of his bond stipulations was that he not use narcotics.
"While he's been out, he's (overdosed) twice," Plants said. "My office found out at a hearing that this guy went to the hospital."
Plants said his office has sought two bond revocations since Lloyd's arrest and Webster granted one but denied the other.
"We've done all we can do, given every fact to the judge and opposed bond," Plants said. "At the end of the day setting bond lies with the judge, not the prosecutor."
Lloyd remains at large. Anyone with information can contact city detectives at 304-348-6480.
Contact writer Ashley B. Craig at ashley.cr...@dailymail.com or 304-348-4850.