Authorities say a meth lab was the cause of a fire that damaged a Rand apartment.
Firefighters were called Monday morning to an apartment at 5802 Starling Drive to deal with a fire.
Investigators with the State Fire Marshal's Office determined where the fire started and that the cause was a meth lab, Cpl. Brian Humphreys, Kanawha Sheriff's Department spokesman, said in a statement. The building was condemned as a result of the fire.
Gregory William Young, 31, and Maria Rosalyn Young, 28, were making meth inside the apartment, Humphreys said.
The two were taken to an area hospital for injuries sustained during the fire.
A deputy obtained a search warrant for the home and two technicians searched it Monday afternoon. Warrants charging the pair with operating a meth lab were in hand by Monday evening.
It wasn't immediately clear if the two had been arrested Monday night.